Your home is one of the most important investments you will ever make in life. Not only do you have the freedom to customize it to suit your unique style and living needs, but you are also freed from the yoke of rent. If you want to fully enjoy this investment, you have to maintain it in prime condition. Among the most common problems you should always be on the lookout for is mold growth. Mold must be one of the most ignored problems in home maintenance yet it affects the health of your home’s occupants.
Molds are a type of fungi which thrive in wet conditions. If your house has a basement, it is most likely that you could be having a mold problem on your hands. Other areas where you can find mold include the bathroom and kitchen wooden surfaces. Common fungi found indoors include Cladosporium, Penicillium, Alternaria, Aspergillus and Stachybotrys chartarum.
While mold might seem innocuous, it is important to consider the risks it poses to your family. Mold spores are associated with various health problems including wheezing, cough, dermatitis, eye irritation, sore throat, and asthmatic attacks among others. A study by the Institute of Medicine (IOM) had previously found a link between mold and upper respiratory tract symptoms and hypersensitivity pneumonitis among other conditions.
If you have noted your family members are constantly suffering from respiratory conditions, it is time to consider obtaining mold remediation services from in your city. While most homeowners are now resorting to DIY projects for every home improvement project, it is advisable to rely on a mold remediation professional for the job. There are many reasons to hire a certified mold contractor including.
Unlike a DIY job which just deals with the surface problem, professional mold service deals comprehensively with the mold growth. The process starts with a thorough inspection to identify the extent of damage and more importantly, the water source.
Repainting an affected area might seem like a great idea but if you haven’t dealt with the water problem, you still have a big problem on your hands. A mold contractor will treat the water leak before removing the entire affected area and treating the surface. All affected materials around will also be disinfected to prevent the fungi from spreading
The only way to determine whether the mold removal project has worked is through professional testing. A mold contractor has the latest technology to do this. They use the best tools to identify mold growth before they start the project. Once the job is done, another comprehensive test will be carried out to verify that the treatment has worked.
By using a qualified mold expert, you are guaranteed of 100% satisfaction. These experts provide this guarantee because they are confident of the materials they have used for the job.
Mold is dangerous and when you try DIY removal, you might end spreading it to other areas of the house. You might also suffer from eye and skin irritation. Your mold contractor knows the precautions to take and the safety gear to use.
Professional mold services help to improve the indoor air quality (IAQ) in your house. This protects your family and reduces medical bills associated with respiratory problems.