Learn how air quality affects your health during Air Quality Awareness Week, Monday, May 1 - Friday, May 5, 2017.
This year's theme is Be Air Aware. Visit the State and Local Events page for activities in your area.
Be Air Aware - take action each day to reduce your contribution to air pollution. Here are a few suggestions:
• Limit driving and idling; car pool, combine errands, use public transportation, bike, or walk.
• Turn out lights when you’re not using them.
• Set your thermostat a little higher when the weather gets warm.
• Refuel your vehicle early morning or after dusk.
• Avoid the drive-thru and go inside to order your food.